Thwaite Cottages, Scargill, nr. Barnard Castle, Co Durham DL12 9SZ
Thwaite Cottages on the Scargill Estate are three secluded luxury self-catering holiday cottages converted from the original Thwaite Farmhouse and Barns: West Cottage, North Cottage and East Cottage. These self-catering cottages have lovely views over the beautiful countryside of Teesdale, near Barnard Castle. The Scargill Estate itself encompasses attractive moorland and woodland, featuring abundant wildlife of special interest to bird enthusiasts. There are lovely walks and bridleways on the moor and along the River Greta. The stunning rural location of Thwaite Cottages is only a 15 minute drive to the edge of the Yorkshire Dales National Park, 15 minutes from the town of Barnard Castle, and 45 minutes from Durham City.
The cottages are all furnished to a high standard and very well equipped, providing home comforts and making them ideal for all families, couples, friends ... The cottages each sleep four guests, have gardens with patio furniture and lots of parking space. Dogs welcome in East and North Cottage at £20 per dog; West Cottage is kept pet free. BOOK HERE.
West Cottage accommodation is entirely on the ground floor, making it accessible for wheelchairs and those with limited mobility. There is a comfortable, spacious sitting room with french windows opening onto the patio and surrounding countryside. The large fully fitted and well equipped dining kitchen, including fridge/freezer, electric oven and hob, microwave oven and a washer/dryer. The spacious Master Bedroom has a King size bed, fitted wardrobe, chest, bedside cabinets and lamps. The Twin Bedroom has two single beds, wardrobe, chest of drawers and chair. The Family Bathroom has a bath/shower, WC and heated towel rail.
There is also an outdoor seating area with garden furniture, and wonderful views over the countryside.
Access Statement available on request.
Country Cottage Holiday
- Tariff: £294 - £476 per week. Short breaks available - please enquire
- Sleeps: 4
- Star Rating: ★★★★ Gold Award
- Bedrooms: 1 King, 1 Twin
- Living Room / Dining Room: TV / Freeview / DVD player
- Kitchen / Dining: Fridge Freezer, Oven Hob, Microwave, Kettle, Toaster, Washer/Dryer
- Bathrooms: 1 Family Bathrrom
- Parking: Ample Onsite Parking
- Outside: Garden With Garden Furniture
- Open All Year: Yes
- Check In / Out Day: Saturday
- Iron & Ironing Board: Yes
- Hairdryer: Yes
- Bed Linen & Towels provided: Yes
- Central Heating: Yes
- Smoking: No Smoking
- Disabled Access: Limited
- Walking / Cycling: Walkers & Cyclists Welcome
- Mobile Phone Signal: Limited
- WiFi: Yes (intermittent due to remote location)
- Entertainment: Board Games & Playing Cards
- Telephone: No
- Children: Children Welcome
- Pets: This Cottage is Pet Free
- Attractions: For local attractions please click here