Conaglen Estate, Ardgour, Nr Fort William, PH33 7AH
Tigh Beag is a newly built four-bedroom holiday cottage in a peaceful rural setting in the West Highlands, with spectacular southerly views across Loch Linnhe. Spacious, secluded and extremely comfortable, it is part of the 40,000-acre Conaglen Estate, a nature-lover's paradise and the ideal place for a romantic, active or relaxing Scottish countryside escape.
The property has two bedrooms with super-king beds, two twin bedrooms, three bathrooms, an extra guest loo, a utility room and extremely generous living and entertaining space. The kitchen/dining room is open-plan, with a breakfast bar, large dining table and sofa; the sitting room has a wood-burning stove, sofas, armchairs and a chaise longue, a television/DVD player and a piano.
A village shop and pub lie 10 minutes' drive away at Ardgour; supermarkets and good general shopping is at Fort William, 40 minutes' drive away via the Corran Ferry (a 20 minute crossing).
The Conaglen Estate has breathtaking scenery, great walking and cycling from the doorstep, a thriving population of red deer, its own Highland cattle and ponies, varied coastal bird life and a growing number of red squirrels. There are white-sand beaches within an hour's drive and numerous options for day-trips – from Glencoe and Mull to Ice Factor (a world-class climbing wall) and the Nevis Range mountain biking trails. Golf courses and ski slopes lie within an hour.
The property suits families, couples or groups of friends. High chairs and cots are available on request. The downstairs bedroom, with its en-suite shower room, is wheelchair-accessible.
Dogs are welcome in the hard-floored areas (this is, the entrance, downstairs loo, utility room and kitchen/dining room). The fee per dog is £20 per week.
Tigh Beag is available year-round. Stag and hind stalking take place on the Conaglen Estate from August to December, and there's salmon fishing in season when conditions are favourable. Some weeks it may be possible for Tigh Beag guests to go stalking or fishing for an extra fee - please ask.
Country Cottage Holiday
- Tariff: £600 to £1,500 per week. Short breaks available - please enquire
- Sleeps: 8
- Star Rating: -
- Bedrooms: 2 super king bedrooms & 2 twin bedrooms
- Kitchen / Dining: fridge-freezer, 2 ovens, 4-ring hob, microwave, kettle, toaster, dishwasher,
- Drawing Room: Wood burning stove, TV with Sky and radio, DVD player, upright piano
- Bathrooms: 2 en-suite (1 with bath and overhead shower in the upstairs superking, one with shower in the downstairs twin), 1 family bathroom with bath and separate shower cubicle (shared between the upstairs superking and twin)
- Utility Room: washing machine and dryer
- Parking: Ample on-site parking
- Outside: Lake-facing patio and lawn
- Open All Year: Yes
- Check In / Out Day: Saturday
- Iron & Ironing Board: Yes
- Hairdryer: Yes
- Bed Linen & Towels provided: Yes
- Central Heating: Yes
- Smoking: No Smoking
- Mobile Phone Signal: Limited
- WiFi: Yes (intermittent due to remote location)
- Entertainment: Board games, puzzles, playing cards, books, piano
- Telephone: No
- Children: Children Welcome
- Pets: Dogs welcome by prior arrangement; supplement of £20 per dog per week