OTTER LODGE IS CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE FOR HOLIDAY RENTAL AS IT HAS BEEN LET ON A SHORT ASSURED TENANCY BASIS - WE WILL ADVISE OF ANY CHANGES AS THEY HAPPEN.
Rosehaugh Estate, Avoch, nr. Inverness, Ross-shire, IV9 8RF
Rosehaugh Estate is a private landed Estate on the south side of the Black Isle, well off the beaten track but within 25 minutes drive of Inverness. The estate offers four unique and historically interesting properties, which have been beautifully renovated to provide luxury self catering holiday accommodation in this lovely corner of the Highlands of Scotland.
Otter Lodge is an imposing stone building set in the valley below the lake, close to the Horseshoe Falls. Once the power generating station supplying electricity to the Estate, the water which used to power the turbines still runs beneath the house and you can still see from the viewing window in the living room floor. Derelict and roofless for many years, it has been beautifully restored and is now an elegant and luxurious (dog friendly) self-catering holiday home with two bedrooms and two bathrooms, sleeping four guests.
Please note from October until January, organised pheasant and partridge shooting takes place on the Estate. We are very aware that our guests enjoy their stay at Otter Lodge and disturbances are kept to a minimum. Further information can be found in the cottage.
Country Cottage Holiday
- Tariff: £580 - £930
- Sleeps: 4
- Star Rating: ★★★★★
- Bedrooms: 1 King, 1 Twin
- Living Room / Dining Room: Log Burning Stove (logs provided), TV / Freeview / DVD player / Radio
- Kitchen / Dining: Fridge Freezer, Oven Hob, Microwave, Kettle, Toaster, Dishwasher, Washing Machine, Dryer
- Bathrooms: 1 En-Suite (King), 1 Family Bathroom
- Parking: Ample Onsite Parking
- Outside: Patio Area with Timber Garden Furniture
- Open All Year: Yes
- Check In / Out Day: Saturday
- Iron & Ironing Board: Yes
- Hairdryer: Yes
- Bed Linen & Towels provided: Yes
- Central Heating: Yes
- Smoking: No Smoking
- Disabled Access: No
- Walking / Cycling: Walkers & Cyclists Welcome
- Mobile Phone Signal: Limited
- WiFi: Yes
- Entertainment: Board Games & Playing Cards
- Telephone: Pay Phone
- Children: Children Welcome
- Pets: Dogs welcome by prior arrangement at £20 per dog
- Attractions: For local attractions please click here