Red Squirrel Apartment
Red Kite House, Rosehaugh Estate, Avoch, nr. Inverness, Ross-shire IV9 8RF
Rosehaugh Estate is a private landed Estate on the south side of the Black Isle, well off the beaten track but within 25 minutes drive of Inverness. The estate offers four unique and historically interesting properties, which have been beautifully renovated to provide luxury self catering holiday accommodation in this lovely corner of Scotland.
Red Kite House is a spectacular historic building. Formerly a working laundry, it has been renovated and converted into two luxury self catering apartments, Osprey and Red Squirrel. The house is set on a hill top at the end of an avenue of mature lime trees. surrounded by open grassland and ringed by tall Douglas fir trees and Wellingtonia redwoods, Red Kite House provides a secluded and peaceful holiday haven.
Red Squirrel Apartment occupies the whole of the first floor of Red Kite House, with its own private entrance. Open plan living makes this apartment spacious, bright and airy and the views over the woodland and fields are spectacular and abundant with wild life. It has one double bedroom, one twin bedroom and two bathrooms, and sleeps four guests.
Red Kite House can also be booked as a single unit providing self catering accommodation for a party of up to ten guests.
Please note from October until January, organised pheasant and partridge shooting takes place on Rosehaugh Estate. We are very aware that our guests enjoy their stay at Red Kite House and disturbances are kept to a minimum. Further information can be found in the cottage.
Country Cottage Holiday
- Tariff: £455 - £560 per week. Short breaks available - please enquire
- Sleeps: 4
- Star Rating: ★★★★★
- Bedrooms: 1 King, 1 Twin
- Living Room / Dining Room: TV / Freeview / DVD player / CD Player / Radio
- Kitchen / Dining: Fridge Freezer, Oven Hob, Microwave, Kettle, Toaster, Dishwasher, Washer/Dryer
- Bathrooms: 1 En-Suite (King), 1 Family Bathroom
- Parking: Ample Onsite Parking
- Outside: Paved Patio Area With Timber Furniture
- Open All Year: Yes
- Check In / Out Day: Saturday
- Iron & Ironing Board: Yes
- Hairdryer: Yes
- Bed Linen & Towels provided: Yes
- Central Heating: Yes
- Smoking: No Smoking
- Disabled Access: No
- Walking / Cycling: Walkers & Cyclists Welcome
- Mobile Phone Signal: Limited
- WiFi: Yes (intermittent due to remote location)
- Entertainment: Board Games & Playing Cards
- Telephone: Pay Phone
- Children: Children Welcome
- Pets: This Cottage is Pet Free
- Attractions: For local attractions please click here