Thwaite Cottages, Scargill, nr. Barnard Castle Co Durham, DL12 9SZ
Thwaite Cottages on the Scargill Estate are three secluded luxury self catering holiday cottages, West Cottage, North Cottage and East Cottage, converted from the original Thwaite Farmhouse and Barns in 2006. These dog friendly, self catering holiday cottages have stunning views over the beautiful countryside of Teesdale, near Barnard Castle. The Scargill Estate itself encompasses attractive moorland and woodland, featuring abundant wildlife of special interest to bird enthusiasts. There are numerous lovely walks on the moor and along the River Greta. The stunning rural location of Thwaite Cottages is only 15 minutes drive to the edge of the Yorkshire Dales National Park, 15 minutes from the town of Barnard Castle, and 45 minutes from Durham City.
The cottages are all extremely well equipped and furnished to a very high standard, providing home comforts ideal for families and couples alike. They each sleep four guests, have gardens with patio furniture and lots of parking space.
East Cottage has a beautifully furnished twin aspect sitting room with countryside views and traditional open log fire (a basket of logs provided). A bright, spacious, fully fitted dining kitchen, with a 6-seater dining table. Equipment includes fridge/freezer, microwave, electric oven and hob. There is also a shower room on the ground floor.
On the first floor is the Master bedroom with a King size bed, a Twin Bedroom with two single beds, and a bathroom with bath/shower, WC and heated towel rail.
There is a large fenced garden in the back, and dogs are welcome in this cottage.
Access Statement available on request.
Country Cottage Holiday
- Tariff: £301 - £490 per week. Short breaks available - please enquire
- Sleeps: 4
- Star Rating: ★★★★ Gold Award
- Bedrooms: 1 King, 1 Twin
- Living Room / Dining Room: TV / Freeview / DVD player
- Kitchen / Dining: Fridge Freezer, Oven Hob, Microwave, Kettle, Toaster, Dishwasher
- Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom, 1 Shower Room (Ground Floor)
- Utility Room: Washer/Dryer
- Parking: Ample Onsite Parking
- Outside: Garden With Garden Furniture
- Open All Year: Yes
- Check In / Out Day: Friday
- Iron & Ironing Board: Yes
- Hairdryer: Yes
- Bed Linen & Towels provided: Yes
- Central Heating: Yes
- Smoking: No Smoking
- Disabled Access: No
- Walking / Cycling: Walkers & Cyclists Welcome
- Mobile Phone Signal: Limited
- WiFi: Yes (intermittent due to remote location)
- Entertainment: Board Games & Playing Cards
- Telephone: No
- Children: Children Welcome
- Pets: Dogs welcome by prior arrangement at £20 per dog
- Attractions: For local attractions please click here